Friday, October 17, 2008

Film Review - Full Metal Jacket (1987)

Full Metal Jacket stars Vincent D’Onfrio as a new US Army recruit during the Vietnam War who goes through all the trials and tribulations of boot camp with the sergeant from hell played by R. Lee Ermey, but their training will not prepare them for what’s to come.


Although I enjoyed Full Metal Jacket, I have to admit that I also found it a little strange to watch, I enjoyed the visual look of the camp as well as the barracks, as it looked like a real setting rather than a stage but once the second half kicks in and we head for Vietnam, the film loses a lot of its energy and has the feel of being shot on a backlot.


All in all, I’m giving Full Metal Jacket a 3 out of 5 for while I enjoyed it, I also felt it was a little strange.

No comments: