Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Film Review - Back to the Future (1985)

Back to the Future was first released in 1985 and stars Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly, a teenager who accidentally travels through time to 1955 and also accidentally prevents his parents first meeting, and if he doesn’t get them together soon, he won’t even exist.


Like some other movies I’ve reviewed, this one was 50/50 for me, I really enjoyed the performances by Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd as his friend who helps him to get back home and I also enjoyed the brisk pace and sweet yet sincere tone the film has.


But I also felt that the film was a little bit of its time, the film was made in the time where Steven Spielberg and John Hughes ruled the box office and although they’ve made some good films on they’re own terms, the mix of the two in terms of ideas I felt detracted slightly from the film.


Out of 5, I give it a 3 and a half, Fox and Lloyd are great but the story leapfrogged a little too much at times.

No comments: