Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Film Review - Home Alone (1990)

Home Alone stars Macaulay Culkin as Kevin McAllister who is accidentally left home alone in his Chicago home after his family rush to the airport for a flight to Paris where they plan to spend Christmas with relatives that live there, but Kevin will have to deal with some unexpected trouble.


I’ll keep this one short and sweet folks, Home Alone is a movie that is of two minds as far as I’m concerned, Culkin is wonderful and has no problems carrying the weight of the film on his tiny shoulders as he goes about dealing with being left home on his own unfortunately the rest of the film is not as good and considering that Writer John Hughes did what I consider a modern day Christmas classic in Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase the year before this film’s release, this film disappoints by comparison.


Despite that, the good parts entertained me so I’m going to give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments: