Saturday, March 21, 2015

Film Review - Love, Rosie (2014)

Love, Rosie stars Sam Claflin (Finnick from the Hunger Games) as Alex a man who is childhood friends with Rosie (Lily Collins) and the film follows their time together as well as their own adventures along the road of life.

Hmmm, it saddens me to say this but I was disappointed by this movie mainly because I really liked Claflin and Collins as a pair, the two have a very nice chemistry in their scenes together and both are very appealing to watch.

But sadly the film around them just didn't interest me very much and in the case of Collins's character I just found it difficult to buy that that would happen to her, what this could have been is a fun little "When Harry met Sally" type film for 90 minutes or so and that would have been okay with me even if it would have been predictable with a capital P but I probably would've gone that it was fine if nothing spectacular but alas the film that it is just very "so what, I don't care" and I just didn't find it that interesting.

Which is a shame as I was looking forward to seeing this film and what Claflin had up his sleeve after the Hunger Games (he should've been the new Tarzan with Margot Robbie but he isn't a star like Alexander Skarsgaard is which is a shame) so sadly I can't say that I recommend this film, rent When Harry met Sally instead, 1.5 out of 5.

No comments: