Friday, October 30, 2009

Trailer Watch: Avatar

Seeing as how I didn’t do a trailer watch on the teaser of Avatar, I thought I’d better do one for the main trailer that was recently released.

And to cut through the bullshit as I like to do here, this trailer is not only very fucking awesome but it is also outstanding, showing off a scope and size that only someone like Cameron can provide and the way this trailer shows off his filmography is expertly handled, as if it is saying to the audience “remember all of those badass films you grew up watching like The Terminator and Aliens, well he did those” and again, you get a much better sense of what the film will be like and based off what we’ve seen, it looks as though Cameron has done it again and captured lightning in a bottle once more.

But of course, I could be wrong as I also have severe doubts as to how well it will do at the box office seeing as how Transformers 2 despite horrible reviews became the year’s highest grossing film, I don’t know if this film will reach those heights or even the heights of New Moon, which seems to be the only film that stands a chance of making that amount of money, but the future is always in motion so I can’t wait now more than ever to see how this plays out.

No comments: