Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Film Review - Days of Thunder (1990)


Days of Thunder stars Tom Cruise as Cole Trickle, a rookie race car driver wanting to make it to the big leagues of NASCAR Racing, but after being severely injured in a crash, he loses his edge and he’ll have to rely on the help of his doctor played by Nicole Kidman who would later become Mrs. Cruise in real life to regain it for one last victory.

Days of Thunder, well I have to say that I did enjoy it a lot more than Top Gun, which was an okay film not all that great where as this I felt was far better written but in this instance not enough to save it, despite some excellent stunt sequences, I also felt just as strongly that the movie felt telegraphed and really little no more than Top Gun in a car.

But hey, like I said, I enjoyed this a lot more than I expected to so I’ll give a 3 out of 5.

No comments: