Friday, September 9, 2016

Film Review - Sausage Party (2016)

Sausage Party is an animated film from Seth Rogen and concerns a Sausage at the Shopwells Supermarket where all of the goods on the shelves dream of being chosen by consumers for what they call "The Great Beyond" but one foods version of heaven could be another drinks version of Hell.

Sausage Party is a great idea as much for a film as well as a comedy unfortunately I just did not really laugh all that much and the more the film went on I just got more and more agitated with it.

The main reason I feel this way is because every single line in the film (well it felt like every single line) is littered with every ounce of profanity I can think of now I know that this is part of Rogen's shtick and it comes with the territory I get that but surely someone has to say to him "No Seth this is too much."

That said though I did enjoy the world of the grocery store and the various aisles that each have their own different feel to them and some of the gags in the climax did make me smile a little bit but by that point I just became bored with the film.

And so that was Sausage Party a film I did not very funny at all, 1 out of 5.

No comments: