Thursday, April 28, 2016

Film Review - Eddie the Eagle (2016)

Eddie the Eagle is based off of the true story of Eddie Edwards the British Winter Olympic Ski jumper in 1988, Eddie is played by Taron Edgerton from Kingsman last year and his coach Bronson Peary is played by Hugh Jackman, together they hope to accomplish Eddie's Olympic Dreams.

I was very much looking forward to this film for a while now mainly because it partially reminded me of my own story in terms of just being constantly written off as "No Good, this, that, a Failure and a Waste of our Time" (it does make you very determined to prove people wrong) and it had Hugh in it so could the film deliver or fall flat on its face in the snow.

Well I loved every single moment of this film, in fact this is probably my co-favourite film of 2016 so far along with the Hateful Eight, this film had a great great story of hope and courage and determination and I smiled from ear to ear, I was completely gripped by the story and when I came out of it I felt very emotional.

Edgerton is simply wonderful in this film and his performance once more shows what a great young talent this guy is turning into and he steals every scene he is in, Jackman is FINALLY back on great form after a few duds in recent years, I also loved the look and sound of the film it does very much place you in the late 80s.

I have nothing bad to say about Eddie the Eagle and all of you should go and see it, 4 and a half out of 5.

No comments: