Thursday, March 24, 2016

Film Review - My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (2016)

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 sees Nia Vardalos back planning another Big Fat Greek Wedding but this time it it's for her parents as it turns out the Priest did not sign their original wedding License and so it's time to get the Windex out again and rally the family.

A lot of the humour in this film for me was very awkward and it's also how I feel overall about this movie as there were numerous times where the audience I saw the film with were laughing their heads off whilst I sat there thinking "What did that mean" and/or "I don't think I want to know what that means" and indeed when I think about this movie I feel very very similar to how I felt when I saw Pitch Perfect 2 last year.

In that whilst I felt the film was okay and it is I also felt that it was primarily not for me but there were occasions throughout the film where I did laugh and I also did enjoy some of the family scenes as well as well as some of the substance behind those scenes.

So all in all the 2nd Big Fat Greek Wedding is fun if a little awkward but wasn't for me overall, 1.5 out of 5.

No comments: