Saturday, February 11, 2012

Film Review - Crazy Stupid Love (2011)


Crazy, Stupid, Love stars Steve Carell and Julianne Moore as Cal and Emily, a couple married for 25 years when Emily announces during dinner one night that she wants a divorce, this devastates Cal and he comes across a man named Jacob (Ryan Gosling), everything changes.

You know, I went into Crazy, Stupid, Love with low expectations as I had heard very good reviews and also I'm not that big of a rom com fan, I love When Harry met Sally... but that would be about it, with that how did I find the film?

To my surprise I actually kinda liked it, well parts of it, mainly those to do with Carell and Moore who have great chemistry, their scenes are sincere and they're a pleasure to watch whenever they come on screen during the movie.

Sadly however, the film overcrowds them with a few too many characters, namely the 17 year old babysitter, the English teacher played by Marisa Tomei and the other wheel played by Kevin Bacon, their characters were unnecessary and the character Gosling plays got really annoying after a while, apart from Carell and Moore I also liked Emma Stone who did a great job but she has shown this before with Easy A and proves once again how good she is despite her far too limited screen time.

All in all, some good performances help to overcome a slightly unbalanced rom com but hey its better than most out there so you can't complain, 2 and a half out of 5.

No comments: