Tuesday, August 25, 2009

FIlm Review - The Boat that Rocked (2009)


The Boat that Rocked stars an all star British Cast including Bill Nighy, Kenneth Branagh, Jack Davenport, Nick Frost and others during 1966 which was the golden age of pirate radio in England, but not for long.

I thoroughly enjoyed Boat that Rocked, it contains a sweet story, some great humor and a great soundtrack, Nighy is very funny with his comedy regarding the “testicals”, Phillip Seymour Hoffman totally hams it up as the half breezy American DJ on board the boat and it was really nice to see Nick Frost again, having seem him before in Hot Fuzz, a strong frontrunner to become my favourite film of the decade, sadly though if I have to say something negative about it it’s a little bit long but this time I enjoyed myself that much that I’m willing to let that float aside.

I really don’t want to say too much more other than it deserves a look on Blu-Ray and to close this up, I’m going to give this a 4 out of 5 and after the last few duds, it’s nice to see a film that rejuvenates your interest in movies to begin with.

No comments: