Monday, August 24, 2009

James Cameron’s Avatar: Thoughts on the Teaser


At long last, director James Cameron has released a small 2 minute teaser for his big December release: Avatar, but what was my reaction to it?

In a word, I thought it was awesome with many shots causing my jaw to drop, the mechs looked fucking amazing in motion and having seen a picture of the life size one from the Comic-Con presentation a few weeks back, I made the comment that it sat right on the shelf with the power loader from Aliens and the hunter killer tanks from Terminator 1 and 2, it also went a long way as to helping to make the wait for its December release a little better.

But sadly, there are many on the internet who don’t feel that way with some comments saying “He’s made a thunder cats movie”, “the CG looks questionable”, “It looks like halo the movie”, “It’s fern gully 3” and so on leading to an overall reaction of “This is it, come on Jim”, my reaction to that is “IT’S A TEASER TRAILER”, I mean all we’ve seen is 2 minutes of footage and as we’ve seen in the past, trailers can be very misleading, what with the trailers for Quantum of Solace being very average and the main trailers for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen showing us Megatron’s resurrection, which reeks of irresponsible behavior on Paramount’s behalf.

So to wrap this all up, my advice to people would be just to go and get a ticket to see this in December, as I most certainly will, ignore all of the hype, the spoilers and the marketing for this time around, I’m not going to tell you what’s it like, you have to see it for yourself.

No comments: