Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Film Review - Finding You (2021)

 Finding You is based off of a novel and stars Rose Reid as a New York violin player who hopes to get into a music school but is rejected so her mother suggests she take up a Semester Abroad program in Ireland and there she meets Beckett Rush (Jedidiah Goodacre) who is starring in a fantasy film called Dawn of the Dragon and the two grow close while their there but young love is not easy.

 

Finding You is perfectly fine and mainly worth seeing for the nice Irish scenery on a big cinema screen and like Wild Mountain Thyme from earlier this year does a very nice job of showing people how lovely Ireland as a country can be and I did like Rose Reid as the central character, she seemed like a nice young actress that I hope to see more of in the future.

 

2 other people I also enjoyed seeing are Patrick Bergin and Vanessa Redgrave who I thought in all honesty had passed on, Bergin was nice as the wise old Fiddle player in the pub while Redgrave plays a retirement home resident with a dark secret and when I was watching her scenes in the film I kept thinking of Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons saying “TV’s Bottomless Chumbucket has claimed Vanessa Redgrave”

 

And so that was Finding You and it’s fine, perfectly fine but not one I would rush out to watch, Farewell Dear Nessa, 2 out of 5.

No comments: