Saturday, October 11, 2014

Film Review - Gone Girl (2014)

Gone Girl is directed by David Fincher and stars Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne who wakes on his 5th Wedding Anniversary to find his wife Amy (Rosamund Pike) missing but there may be more to this marriage than first meets the eye.

I really do not want to say all that much about this movie as it is one of those where the less you know going in to seeing it the better off you will be but what I will say is that this is one of my favourite films of the year and Fincher does a good job in the director's chair whilst Affleck is well Affleck you take him or leave him and there are elements of both here and Pike is just exceptional and should sweep the Best Actress awards next year.

And so that's Gone Girl a very short and sweet review I know for such an anticipated release but it is one I am really not wanting to say an awful lot about but I will easily give it a 4 out of 5.

No comments: