Monday, March 17, 2014

Film Review - Non Stop (2014)

Non Stop stars Liam Neeson as Bill Marks, a Federal Air Marshal who goes aboard a flight to London but whilst there receives messages that someone on the plane will die every 20 minutes unless they're paid 150 million dollars so it's now up to Marks to save the day.

Non Stop is surprisingly good fun, especially as the last few Neeson action films have underwhelmed in a big way but here I think he's back on form playing a not so very nice character than can kick ass when he needs to, Julianne Moore is also good in her role and the two of them play off each other very nicely, I also liked Michelle Dockery in her role as well.

But what I found most surprising was how it went in directions I didn't think it would, I won't say too much more than that but if you've seen the previews for the film which I have then it might have looked more like the traditional Liam Neeson action fare but the final film had some very nice turns to it that I didn't expect and it really made me think this was a solid film.

And so to wrap it up, I really liked Non Stop for its surprising story and solid performances, definitely worth a look, 3 and a half out of 5.

No comments: