Saturday, January 25, 2014

Film Review - Free Birds (2014)

Free Birds is an animated feature with the voice of Owen Wilson as Reggie, a Turkey who lives on a free range farm and is pardoned by the President but one night he is abducted by Jake (Woody Harrelson) for a secret mission: To travel back in time to the first thanksgiving and change the menu.

I was fairly optimistic going into this film as I had enjoyed seeing the preview for it and always laughing at Harrelson's moments in it, did the film deliver the goods or end up deserving of being roasted?

Well I have to say it's much more the latter as this was just way too silly for my liking and even for a children's film I just thought to myself "WTF" at times, don't get me wrong there are things I do like about mainly some of the performances and primarily those by Harrelson, George Takei and Colm Meaney as a mad General.

But as I said this story is ridiculous and during some of the big twist moments I just cringed and thought "Really, your gonna go there, WTF" and even a couple of famous references which I won't reveal here but some of you are probably going to guess again just made me cringe when they came on, honestly children deserve better than this when it comes to their film going choices as this is just weak.

And so, I cannot recommend this film one bit and it is hard to argue that this has to be the weakest animated film I have seen probably since Epic last year, avoid this one as it is a real turkey, 1 out of 5.

No comments: