Saturday, July 21, 2012

Film Review - Ted (2012)

Ted is the latest comedy from the creator of Family Guy Seth McFarlane and concerns a man named John (Mark Wahlberg) who as a boy wished for his teddy bear to come to life and be his best friend, but his girlfriend Lori (Mila Kunis) is beginning to lose patience with her man and his bear.

I went into Ted with some mild hopes for a fun comedy as I liked the look of it from the trailer and some of the jokes really made me laugh, so was the film as a whole as funny?

Well I did think it was an entertaining comedy, nothing special but not at all bad either and that's mainly due to Ted himself, when he's on screen the jokes come hard and fast at the screen and for the most part they're very funny, especially some of the cameo appearances, references and one gag in the hotel room and another that featured in the trailer.

However, the central story between Wahlberg and Kunis was less interesting and it really dragged the film down for me as its just nothing more than the tired old chestnut of the man child who must learn to grow up and boy does that REALLY get on my nerves.

That said however, I did laugh at Ted and do think its worth seeing, 2 and a half out of 5.

No comments: