Saturday, October 15, 2011

Film Review - Unknown (2011)


Unknown stars Liam Neeson as Dr. Martin Harris who at the beginning of the film is arriving in Berlin with his wife Liz played by January Jones to give a talk at a Biotech conference, but he mistakenly leaves a briefcase at the airport he takes a taxi back to collect it but is in a mysterious accident not long after and wakes up in the hospital not remembering anything, but there is more to this than meets the eye.

Unknown is a serviceable action thriller that is thankfully not very long and it has some good performances from Neeson, Diane Kruger and Frank Langella all of whom I like quite a bit especially Neeson who would have to be one of my favourite actors.

However, the script for this movie borders on the ridiculous at times and it got to the point where I not only started laughing (especially at the German accents in this movie that made me think of the "Don't Mention the War" sketch from Fawlty Towers) but also thinking that some of the characters may as well have put name pins on them saying "I'm the Bad Guy", "I'm his accomplice" and "I'm the Dead Man".

But hey, if you want to see some good Liam Neeson action, my advice is to rent Taken instead and skip this one, its a serviceable thriller but one that I didn't find engaging or interesting, the whole thing just bordered on being downright silly, 1 out of 5.

No comments: