Saturday, March 12, 2011

Film Review - Breathless (1983)


Breathless stars Richard Gere as Jesse Lujack, a small time crook who steals a car in Las Vegas in order to drive to Los Angeles so he can pick up another girl, a French student named Monica played by Valerie Kaprisky but along the way he accidentally shoots a police officer which doesn’t make his trip to Mexico any easier as soon the LAPD go hot on his trail.

I quite enjoyed this film, it’s hard not to get caught up in Gere’s enthusiasm as he carries this film on his own two shoulders, Kaprisky is absolutely lovely to look at but her English is rather poor at times, there’s also a great soundtrack and some real excitement but I do wish that the story had gotten out on the road a bit more and the ending pretty much becomes that classic cliché I like to call the “I’ll take you all on” climax.

Despite those though, I did enjoy this movie, it made me smile and rock out to some of the songs, so I’ll give it a 3 out of 5.

No comments: