Monday, July 19, 2010

Film Review - Shutter Island (2010)


Shutter Island stars Leonardo DiCaprio as US Marshal Teddy Daniels who is sent to 'Shutter Island' which is the name for a mental facility located on an island in the sea, but a hurricane makes getting back impossible so Daniels and his Partner Chuck played by Mark Ruffalo will have to investigate longer than they thought.

I really enjoyed Shutter Island, director Martin Scorsese knows when to wind up the music on the soundtrack to give that "Da Dum" sound and when to leave it simmering in the background like violin strings, DiCaprio is okay and does well when needed but someone like Matt Damon would have been a better choice, apart from that everyone else was well cast but one of the crazies couldn't help but make me think of Ralph Wiggum's Leprechaun, without going too much into the film's ending (and trust me, you DON'T want to know anything about it in advance) I must say that how it all resolved was something I never saw coming and on that I had to go "well done."

All in all, check it out, 3 and a half out of 5.

No comments: