Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Film Review - Inglorious Basterds (2009)


Inglorious Basterds is the new film by Quentin Tarantino and stars Brad Pitt as Lt. Aldo Reine who leads a crack team of Nazi killers behuind enemy lines, meanwhile a young Jewish girl is plotting her revenge against the third reich after her family is slaughtered.

Basterds starts off well with a very tense opening sequence and setup for the general plot but as the film rolls on, it goes on and on and on, brilliantly setting up tension then stopping it dead so Quentin can go on about his knowledge of cinema and some other side point that quite frankly, I didn't want to see, there are some good performances by Christoph Waltz though he does border on being cartoonish at times, Brad Pitt and Melanie Laurent but the endlessness of the film and its preposterous ending frankly got on my nerves.

Some will say that I sound like a grump but I can't say that I was all that enthusiastic about this film, in fact I was reluctant to see it but after reading the raves about Waltz I gave in but does it color my opinion, no as it only gets a 1 and a half out of 5.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

I quite liked Basterds. What do you mean when you said "...so Quentin can go on about his knowledge of cinema"