Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trailer Watch: Wall Street 2 Money Never Sleeps

Continuing with the trailer watch segment, this time I take a look at the 2 trailers released for the upcoming sequel to the 1987 Oliver Stone film Wall Street, titled Money Never Sleeps.

And both trailers have made me say one thing: Why, why is this movie being made, what on earth did the first Wall Street do to justify having a sequel made, the only major success it's had was that Douglas won an Oscar for his performance as Gordon Gekko and rightly so as it was a good performance but I am at a loss for words as to why 20th Century Fox felt justified in wanting to make this film, maybe the blame should also lie with director Oliver Stone and Douglas, maybe they're hoping that by making this film it might restore some credibility to their careers, well sorry but I'm not buying it.

I probably sound somewhat harsh but as I said, I really don't know why this film needed to be made when last year provided a small renaissance for films based on original screenplays rather than established properties, but good things can only last so long I guess.

No comments: