Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Film Review - Star Trek (2009)


Star Trek is the eleventh film in the series and the storyline concerns a Romulan captain named Nero played by Eric Bana who wants to exact his revenge on Spock since he fails to save his home world of Romulus, while that goes on we also see the beginnings of a man named James T. Kirk and a ship named Enterprise.

Now here is where I have to go against the grain in regards to the response to this picture: Star Trek to me was a big disappointment, but it was not a total letdown as I did laugh at places, Karl Urban, Simon Pegg and ZoĆ« Saldana are terrific in their roles and the pre credits sequence actually did rise up to the level of emotional depth that Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan had and it also did remind me of “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one” from that film.

But unfortunately the movie as a whole simply didn’t work for me, I thought it was too long, too repetitive with the special effects, wobble cam and snappy one liners and it all just for me at least got to a point where I was like okay, so what, big deal and I honestly don’t care any more.

So in closing, Star Trek scrapes through with a 2 and a half out of 5.

No comments: