Thursday, September 17, 2009

Film Review - (500) Days of Summer (2009)


(500) Days of Summer stars Zooey Deschanel as a girl named Summer and Joseph-Gordon Levitt as the man named Tim who is completely in love with him, but Summer has her own ideas in regards to how love works.

(500) Days of Summer is a movie that I really enjoyed, the characters played by Deshcanel and Levitt were well developed as was the character of the younger sister, there were times where I smiled, chuckled and laughed but there were also a couple of problems I had with it as well, firstly the script is unfocused in that it jumps from day to day without a care in the world which undercuts the emotion of the story, second some of the voiceover narration and split screen effects were a little too forced for my liking and lastly, the screening I went to played the teaser trailer for Avatar before the film, which probably didn’t help matters all that much either.

But hey I think people of both genders will find a lot to like here, I did despite my reservations so I’m going to give it a 3 and a half out of 5.

No comments: