Friday, October 21, 2022

Film Review - Smile (2022)

Smile is a new horror film from Paramount Pictures and stars Sosie Bacon as Rose Cotter a mental health doctor who is ordered on a break when one of her patients (Caitlin Stacey) commits suicide in front of her with an evil smile on her fact while doing it, afterwards she starts seeing people with the same evil smile on their faces and begins to investigate whether this is her going crazy like her mother did or something more sinister.

 

Smile is great fun with a cinema crowd and watching it on the big screen was great to see the people behind me get scared and squirm and yell out Holy Shit respectfully and some even went out at one point only to walk back in and the film itself is a lot of fun.

 

Firstly unlike Halloween Ends this does have some creative Horror kills that really made me smile underneath my mask (it was a crowded session so I mask up per the norm for me) and that creepy looking smile only adds to the fun and I was doing my own big glad smile in my seat though there is one moment with a Cat that I did not like.

 

Secondly the film has a good cast anchoring it, Bacon is very much the product of her parents and makes for a good lead, Jesse T Usher is also pretty good as her fiancĂ©e Trevor while Caitlin Stacey’s brief role will be a very memorable one.

 

If you get the chance to go and see Smile I highly recommend it as its great fun in a dark cinema with a crowd and remember to practice your best Smile heheheheahahahahahaha, 3 and a half out of 5.

No comments: