Friday, August 19, 2022

Film Review - Good Luck to You, Leo Grande (2022)

 Good Luck to You, Leo Grande stars Emma Thompson as Nancy, a former Religious Education teacher who hires a sex worker known as Leo Grande (Daryl McCormack) as she fears getting older without her husband who passed away 2 years earlier and these meetings will be erotic and insightful.

 

Leo Grande wasn’t really for me I’m afraid but will work very well for older women and a number of the scenes had some of the ladies in my session laughing quite a bit even if I sat there chuckling a little bit but not overly laughing but this has happened before with 2015’s Trainwreck with Amy Schumer and Bill Hader where I sat there thinking “what’s so funny” yet the ladies sitting behind me were wetting themselves laughing.

 

But I did enjoy the 2 lead performances, Thompson has become a movie treasure by this point in her career and she proves here that she can still deliver good work on screen while McCormack is good as young Leo and holds his own nicely with Dame Thompson especially in some of the more dramatic scenes towards the end of the film.

 

And so that was Good Luck to You, Leo Grande and it clips along nicely and its leads are good but it wasn’t really for me personally but women will get a lot out of it, 2 out of 5.

No comments: