Saturday, September 7, 2019

Film Review - Angel Has Fallen (2019)

Angel has Fallen is the third in the Fallen series and once more stars Gerard Butler as Mike Banning who is guarding the President (Morgan Freeman) when a Drone attack comes and the President is in a Coma and Mike is framed for the attack and though he says the One Armed Man did it-sorry-He didn’t kill the President, the Authorities response is I Don’t Care and he has to now clear his name.

Angel has Fallen has got to be one of the big surprise movies of the year for me as I expected very little going into seeing it and I had a great time watching it as this is a fun, top of the line B movie that delivers on exactly what it promises on the box, Mr Butler is a lot of fun as Agent Banning as he fights everyone around him to clear his name and sure the plot has some similarities to the Fugitive but I had fun with that and even imagined Gerard “THERE WAS A MAN IN MY HOUSE.”

Danny Huston is also really good in the film and though his plot line is very predictable I still enjoyed it as is Mr Freeman though the one person I enjoyed seeing the most is Mr Nick Nolte who looks very frail and he was shaking a lot in his scenes but he’s still as grouchy as he’s ever been and I had a lot of fun watching him and Gerard growl at each other in their scenes.

And lastly the film has a lot of great action scenes with what look like proper blood effects.

And so that was Angel has Fallen and its terrific fun for old school action film fans like myself, 3 and a half out of 5.

No comments: