Saturday, October 14, 2017

Film Review - The Mountain Between Us (2017)

The Mountain Between Us stars Idris Elba as Ben and Kate Winslet as Alex two complete strangers with a flight to catch desperately so they charter a flight which later ends up crashing in the mountains and with only weeks to survive the 2 must quickly find a way to get back to civilisation.

The Mountain Between Us is both a survival disaster film but also a melodrama love story and unfortunately the latter ends up undermining the former though the mountain scenery and the chemistry between Elba and Winslet is good and both of them do the best that they can.

But the script here just gets ridiculous at times especially with its love story sideplot and so much this was the case that I’ve been nicknaming the film differently as it gets too silly for my liking at one point towards the end of the film and it made me go “What, Nah nah I’m sorry but I am not buying this at all” and it was after that point that I really lost my patience with this movie and though “I love these actors both are very charismatic and likeable but this is terrible.”

Up until that certain scene I was prepared to let this movie slide into the “It’s fine but utterly forgettable” to “This is terrible” and yeah I cannot recommend this movie because of that, 1.5 out of 5.

No comments: