Saturday, October 10, 2015

Film Review - Miss You Already (2015)

Miss You Already is directed by Catherine Hardwicke who is primarily known for directing the first Twilight film from 2008 and stars Toni Collette as Milly and Drew Barrymore as Jess, two women who have been lifelong friends until Milly finds out she has terminal cancer and her time with Jess and her family begins to run out.

Miss You Already is very much a classic chick flick weepie like Beaches from 1989 with Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and the main reason I feel this is the case is due to the chemistry between Barrymore and Collette, you really believe their friendship throughout the years and the turmoil and pressure its put under with Milly's cancer battle, Paddy Considine and Dominic Cooper are okay here but pretty much play the token husband roles.

And also the film is sad to watch and there were a fair few in my session wiping away tears as the film went on (even I felt moved by the film and I was the only male in my session) so take a box of tissues or a hanky to this one as you will probably need it.

And so that was Miss You Already, a well made weepie to see with some tissues and your best friend, 3 out of 5.

No comments: