Saturday, August 8, 2015

Film Review - Last Cab to Darwin (2015)

Last Cab to Darwin stars Michael Caton (Darryl Kerrigan from the Castle) as Rex a Broken Hill Cab driver who learns that he has only 3 months left to live due to Stomach Cancer and one day he hears about Euthanasia being made legal in the Northern Territory so he decides to drive his Cab all the way to Darwin for one last ride.

I didn't mind Last Cab to Darwin but again I feel that I am not the target audience for this movie but I did enjoy myself for the most part, Caton is very good here and he makes you care about Rex's story arc very easily (I must get around to revisiting the Castle one day) and I also liked seeing the outback of Australia which is very rarely shown these days in our popular culture and I also really liked Emma Hamilton as Julie, she reminded me a lot of a young Natasha Richardson.

So that was Last Cab to Darwin, a fine enough film but probably not for me when I think about it, 2 and a half out of 5.

No comments: