Saturday, May 24, 2014

Film Review - Bad Neighbours (2014)

Bad Neighbours stars Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne as a young couple with a newborn baby who buy a new house when they notice their next door neighbours turn out to be a University fraternity led by Zac Efron but this family and this frat will not be easy to get along with.

I am very much of 2 minds when it comes to this film and by that I mean that I feel somewhat split in regards to it, first though I'll start with the positives and those are the comic performances themselves, Rogen dials down his boorish man child character and is more enjoyable on screen as a result, Byrne finally gets a juice role to sink her teeth into and she takes full advantage of it even if her saying the F word just doesn't quite sound right and Zac Efron gets to prove that he can be a charming and charismatic performer in the right role.

As good as those performances are however the jokes themselves are very hit and miss, the ones that did make me laugh were more of the observational kind in regards to these Neighbours whilst the ones that made me groan the most were to all too typical D and B jokes that have become tradition now in American comedies and boy am I getting really tired of it.

So all in all, Bad Neighbours is kinda fun but it feels very hit and miss on the whole, 2 and a half out of 5.

No comments: