Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Film Review - Last Vegas (2014)

Last Vegas stars Michael Douglas as Billy, a man in his old age who is about to marry a young woman in Las Vegas and asks his three best friends (Robert De Niro, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Kline) to join him there, two of them readily come whilst the third is reluctant but tags along anyway and you know what they say about Vegas.

Last Vegas is actually good fun, thanks primarily to the chemistry between the 4 lead actors, they all play off each other very well and they always hold your attention here, I also enjoyed Mary Steenburgen in her role and I also thought the film had some good jokes and even some slightly poignant moments towards the end.

But if I have one minor complaint about the film it does feel a little bit predictable at times as the moment one event happens I did think to myself "That will play out in that way" and it did marr the ending a little bit but this was only a minor complaint as I did enjoy myself for the most part.

So all in all, Last Vegas is good fun if a little predictable on the side, 3 out of 5.

No comments: