Saturday, December 7, 2013

Film Review - One Chance (2013)

One Chance is based on the true story of Paul Potts, a Welshman who works in a mobile phone store but who wants to sing Opera but he has a bit of a problem: He's very nervous but when the chance to appear on Britain's Got Talent appears, he must take his chance to make a better life for himself.

This movie is quite frankly, a near complete waste of time and money mainly because for so much of the movie I didn't really care all that much about whether he would overcome the odds and find his voice so to speak, the script throws in all of this melodrama about accidents and panic and the one true love that just made me cringe throughout so much of it, I just didn't care about any of it.

However I did like Colm Meaney as the Dad and it was sure great to see him in a movie again and almost all of the film's best scenes involve him but to be honest your better off watching the real Paul Potts singing online instead of wasting a full admission (which isn't cheap) and seeing this hokey film.

So yeah, this movie didn't do a lot for me at all, it's not a bad movie by any stretch but I just found completely forgettable and as such, I can't recommend it, 1 out of 5.

No comments: