Saturday, June 23, 2012

Film Review - Men in Black 3 (2012)


Men in Black 3 is the third MIB film and this time Agents J (Will Smith) and K (Tommy Lee Jones) face off against Boris the Animal (Jemaine Clement) who seeks revenge on K and escapes from the Luna-Max prison built on the moon, he then erases K from history and J has to go back in time to 1969 to save him.

I went into MIB3 with very low expectations, the trailer made me laugh but I also thought to myself that this probably won't be much good as a full length film, was I wrong?

Well sadly not, don't get me wrong the film is okay and has some bright spots but the film is also rather forgettable with Smith and Jones looking somewhat bored throughout the whole thing and the film's beginning and end really not being all that much different from what we saw in the previous films.

But there are some bright spots, there's some nice special effects and creatures but the real star of the film is Josh Brolin who plays the young agent K and he is very good indeed, nailing Jones's manner of speaking and his constant stern look that makes for some good laughs.

But overall, rent the first MIB film instead for as good as this film is, all it does in the long run is remind you of the fun, freshness and energy of the first film, don't get me wrong this film isn't bad but it's also just okay, 2 out of 5.

1 comment:

Kevin Bechaz said...

I enjoyed Men in Black 3, I thought it was a big step up from part 2. I certainly won't forget it as there was an earthquake 10 minutes before the film finished.