Friday, May 11, 2012

The Avengers Round 2: The Third Dimension in the Nine Realms

Having seen the Avengers once before, I decided to go back and see it for a 2nd time mainly because I had a lot of fun the first time around and I wanted to pick up on the details I probably missed the first time around due to audience unrest in the early scenes which spell out the plot, the unrest being waiting for others to arrive, people waiting for friends to come and younguns wanting either the toilet or to get snacks, all of which is why people should come EARLY not 20 minutes after the scheduled session start.

This session however was to be in 3D as that was the only afternoon session that fitted in with when I was to be in that area that day (the 3D sessions would also be easier to program as well as all you would have to do is load the file, thanks to digital projection.) so with that, how was it on round 2.

On my 2nd showing, I had a blast, the runtime flew by and my favourite Avenger has to now be Tony Stark/Iron Man, Downey just completely owns this role and has a ball playing off the other actors such as Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth and Mark Ruffalo, who also each get their own moments to shine, I also really liked Scarlett Johansson and Jeremy Renner in their roles and watching Johansson in this reminded me what a lovely actress she is and how fetching she is with red hair, it really suits her.

But if there is a negative it has to be the 3D, quite frankly this is simply retrofitted rubbish and anyone seeing this movie (what's that I hear, you haven't seen it yet well what are you waiting for sonny boy, a written invitation, go and see it) should see it in 2D instead as the 3D here will hurt your eyes big time and it looks so god damn blurry, easily the worst 3D I have ever encountered and to be frank, if you saw this film in 2D on a nice big screen, properly projected and with good sound, you will have just as good if not a better big screen experience.

So that's that on Avengers round 2, well worth it and nearly $750 million dollars of box office takings worldwide is showing that others are seeing it more than once and hey I can't blame them, it takes the Summer Blockbuster and nails it down to an exact science of comedy, characters and action and that is nothing to argue about at all.

No comments: