Thursday, September 10, 2026

Film Review - Fall 2: Deadpoint (2026)

Fall 2: Deadpoint is the sequel to the 2022 film Fall and sees Shiloh’s sister Jax (Harriet Slater) struggling to deal with the death of her sister and her friend Luce (Arsema Thomas) decide to go to Thailand to trek across a deadly mountain trail full of wooden planks but soon they get trapped up on the mountain they must find a way down.

I enjoyed Fall in 2022 more than I thought I would, it had a good premise (especially for a horror esque franchise) and was well made and happily this sequel was enjoyable as well, I prefer the first film overall but it’s not by a wide margin,

Firstly, the mountain trail in Thailand is well filmed with some nice shots of the view from that high up, the rusty bolts and chains that could break or come loose at any moment and the perilous plans the characters must take to try and call for help,

The two leads are also appealing as well as Slater and Thomas work well together as a pair like the pair in the first film did and they support each other well, also delivering good work as directors are the Sperig brothers who make the most of the heights and tension of the moments,

But where this movie does fall down is in its storytelling, there is a side plot regarding drugs here that feels totally unnecessary and could’ve been removed without it affecting the main “we’re stuck really high up, HELP US PLEASE” story one little bit and that is why I do prefer the first film to this sequel as that stuck to core premise and didn’t deviate from it whereas here the drugs storyline bogs it down.

And so that was Fall 2: Deadpoint and it’s an enjoyable sequel and I would happily watch some more of these but next time lean into the horror of heights more okay, 3 out of 5

No comments: