Thursday, November 19, 2020

Film Review - Unhinged (2020)

 

Unhinged stars Russell Crowe as a Man who gets angry with a woman named Rachel (Caren Pistorius) after she doesn’t apologize to him for cutting him off during a traffic jam one day and this Man is a very angry man and he is determined to make Rachel pay for not apologizing to him in traffic.

 

Unhinged is good fun and that is really down to Mr Crowe’s great performance as the man at the centre of his story, though at times he reminded me a bit of John Goodman as they looked a bit similar, the movie works best when he is on screen and beating the smeg out of everyone he comes across and I had a big smile on my face during a lot of this movie because of it.

 

What doesn’t quite work as well is some of the films overall story points, at times the characters in this movie do some pretty silly things and I just sat there thinking “Don’t do that, oh man, oh well” or words to that effect but they didn’t bother me all that much in terms of denting my overall enjoyment of the film.

 

And so that was Unhinged and it was a fun thriller with a great turn by Mr Crowe anchoring it, 3 out of 5.

No comments: