Saturday, March 24, 2018

The Last Wish: My Thoughts on the Dragon Ball Super Series Finale

This is a little unusual for me to do as I don’t really review much in the way of television but Dragon Ball is my all time favourite franchise and the most recent series Dragon Ball Super has had its series finale air and after this comes a new movie in December.

The current arc has been the Tournament of Power where numerous Universes competed for a wish on the Super Dragon Balls and this final episode sees Goku, Frieza and Android 17 try to beat Jiren before time runs out or he eliminates them and gets the wish for himself.

Before this finale had come to air I was a little sceptical as to how it would come to an end as there was a lot to do in terms of the storytelling:

- How would Jiren be defeated
- What would happen with Frieza
- Who would be left standing
- Which Universe would be erased

And also who is going to get the wish.

And very happily this finale answers all of that very well, there were times watching this where I was beaming from ear to ear and I had a joyous look on my face at the events I was watching it all felt so satisfying in a way I didn’t think it would be given there had been rumours about how it would all end and happily that did not pan out.

Seeing some of those old faces again and some of the character interactions was just wonderful and there were some very exciting teases for the future especially when coupled with the recently released teaser for the movie due in December.

And so that was my take on the Dragon Ball Super series finale a well made and exciting finale that wrapped up its key storylines well and also gave us some exciting teases for the future, 4 out of 5.

No comments: