Friday, May 12, 2017

Film Review - Snatched (2017)

Snatched stars Amy Schumer as Brooke a young woman who is fired from her job and is then dumped by her boyfriend but before she was dumped her and her partner planned for a holiday in South America which is non refundable so she has to go and decides to take her mother (Goldie Hawn) and the two eventually end up kidnapped whilst on holiday and must now make their way home.

Snatched is unfortunately not a very fun comedy to watch and it's a real shame because I did get a real joy out of seeing Goldie Hawn again on screen and she still has her way of good natured humour and likeable screen presence but apart from her I didn't really laugh very much.

And the reason for that is that so much of the humour is the substandard American humour where by being as foul mouthed as you can, as loud as you can and as gross out as you can not to mention a dash of nastiness on the side then you generate laughs and I just don't like that kind of comedy much and also Schumer is extremely annoying here she wasn't all that funny she was annoying, obnoxious and very unlikeable and even in the film people lose patience with her and I don't blame them I was willing to give her a chance now I've pretty well had it with her.

And so that was Snatched which was not a fun comedy for me then again I am not the target audience for this movie which I will freely admit, 1.5 out of 5.

No comments: