Friday, February 3, 2017

Film Review - Patriots Day (2017)

Patriots Day is directed by Peter Berg and tells the true story of the 2013 Boston Bombings which killed 4 people and injured many others along with the manhunt that followed for the 2 men responsible.

Patriots Day has some very strong moments in it but overall I just thought it was okay nothing bad at all but one that just didn't do all that much for me, I liked Berg's direction I thought it had some really nice flourishes to it in terms of the use of CCTV footage, handheld camerawork and good action scenes especially in the climax of the film and the cast equip themselves well with Mark Whalberg, Kevin Bacon and John Goodman being the real highlights.

But again I just thought it was okay a film that I saw and I thought was pretty good but one that I feel didn't really grab me in that special way that I feel that Split and Live by Night in particular have done at the beginning of this movie year (Edge of 17 is really good as well) in a way it feels like a lot of the meh movies I saw last year which weren't terrible at all but really nothing special.

And so that was Patriots Day a film I feel overall was just okay, 2 out of 5.

No comments: