Sunday, November 27, 2011

Film Review - Electric Dreams (1984)


Electric Dreams stars Lenny von Dohlen as Miles, an architect returning to San Francisco from Los Angeles as he wants to design a style of brick that can withstand Earthquakes, but one night after work he is persuaded to buy a computer to help keep him organised though the next day he meets his new neighbour Madeleine (Virginia Madsen) and it all goes from there.

I have to say that I really liked Electric Dreams, the film put a big smile on my face and had me toe tapping along to its soundtrack composed by Giorgio Moroder who also worked on Top Gun, Scarface and other films, no surprise the highlight of the soundtrack was the "Together in Electric Dreams" song by Phil Oakley.

Apart from that, the film is also a lovely romance between Von Dohlen and Madsen, speaking of which Madsen is absolutely delightful in this film, it's easy to see why Miles would fall for her as I would find it hard to think of anyone else that didn't either, happily she has gone on to do other things, even Highlander 2.

All in all, I really loved this movie and it comes highly recommended, 3 and a half out of 5.

No comments: